Wednesday, March 12, 2008
What the ?
I was just checking the "News" section of Google and came across two separate "top" stories. One is that the Governor of New York is about to resign because he purchased the service of a personal escort/s. The other is a study conducted by the Center for Disease Control which learned that over a quarter of the female teens screened were positive "for at least 1 STD". The second story reported that this could be partly to blame on abstinence only programs and the teens own sense of invulnerability. I want to bang my head against the wall. Honestly. One, because once again we have a New York politician stuck in a sex scandal (does anyone remember that prior to 9/11 Giuliani was caught up in a similar situation?), and two because apparently the teenagers in this study don't value their bodies or purity enough to wait for marriage to a single partner or at least use protection no matter what activity they are partaking in. The study showed that some of the teens believed that they could only get an STD from sexual intercourse. Why? Where are these myths being perpetrated? My head actually hurts because of this. I really wonder where this perception comes from. Oh, but wait, I forgot. Apparently its ok for our political leaders to use escort services. I pray that our next president will have the initiative to realistically evaluate what our country needs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment