Today is June 25th, 2009. It is exactly 6 months till Christmas! :D And the current temp on the north side of Chicago is 88 degrees. We haven't posted for awhile cause it got kinda busy toward the end of the semester. But I was feeling a little informative so I thought that I would post a little something. So far this summer we have gone to Milwaukee for an extended weekend,
The semester ended really well for both of us. As most of you know, I did not take any classes during the semester but I did take one over a week in January and Christin was taking a class during the semester, her first class as a grad student! Well, we both did really well with our individual classes which is encouraging for both of us. Christin dominated Christian Heritage 2 while I did very well with Women, the Bible, and Church. As for what is next in our academic career, Christin is signed up for New Testament 1 and I am undecided about what to do with the fall semester. I am debating taking Old Testament 2 or not taking anything but prepping hard core for Greek 2 next spring. We'll see what happens.
As for the rest of the summer, we are looking forward to the long weekend provided by the 4th of July and plan on taking advantage of the day off on the 3rd by going downtown for Chicago's Taste Fest and fireworks show. We figure, hey, we're in Chicago, we have the day off, and we have the motivation to try this, so we'll go for it. We hear it is pretty cool and probably something that we should try at least once while we live here. We know that it will be crowded, possibly hot and humid, and noisy. But we love downtown, food, and fireworks, so we'll go for it. We'll post pics later.
At the end of July, we are going camping in Wisconsin with a group from our church. Should be good times and it will be fun for Christin and I to camp in a different state. The weekend immediately following that we are camping with our combined families (the McLewis Clan) at a state park in Michigan. The families did it last Labor day weekend but because of school, Christin and I could not make it. This year we are able to make it and excited to do so. We will be camping at the Warren Dunes State Park in Michigan which is just inside the Michigan/Indiana border and right on Lake Michigan. It is a gorgeous and well run State park with a nice beach front.
Other than those events, we have a pretty calm summer planned which is a good thing. Neither of us are thrilled about working full time during it, but we are extremely grateful that we have jobs. Just kinda wish that summer still meant summer break. Also wish that 9-5 jobs had nap time, but that is for a different post.
J
No comments:
Post a Comment