On my drive home today (yes, sometimes I drive and not walk), I thought about my day. Overall not as bad a day as I had originally thought that it was turning into. When I got to work, a co-worker had performed some system maintenance. This in turn caused a number of mini fires to crop up. Once we knew the cause and figured out the solution, things went better. But about three hours of my day were wasted in trouble shooting the situation. As it is a week before the Annual Meeting of the Covenant, I'm a little slammed for time and didn't really build a whole lot of margin into my schedule.
Once the stress level came down and I was able to start working on my projects, things went better. I'm trying to be better about time management but it's days like these that don't really help that. I've got nine computers to prep for the event and only three and a half days to prep them. I really do want to believe time management is a possibility but when my schedule is dictated by outside forces, it's hard.
J
No comments:
Post a Comment