It is actually August. That means that its time for another post from the procrastinating poster. For seven weekends in a row, we were in Michigan, starting mid June through the last weekend in July. That was kind of crazy. It started and ended with weddings of friends of mine and there was a missions trip in there, camping, hanging out at the lake, and a bachelor party. Overall, it was great to see everyone that we did, but this last weekend, our first in Chicago, was awesome.
Christin and I went to Ravinia and saw/listened to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra perform pieces from your favorite film composer and mine, John Williams! They were amazing and the evening was amazing. If you have never been to Ravinia, check out the website. Its an open air pavilion with a lawn area to sit and picnic. The night that we went was gorgeous cool August evening and the orchestra was perfect. The first half of the concert were individual selections from the 1984 Olympic fanfare, ET, Close Encounters, Schindler's List, Jaws, and Raiders. The second half was all Star Wars, in chronological order of when they take place, not when they were released. They finished the evening with the theme from the Cantina as people cleaned up. On Saturday and Sunday I finished reading book seven of the Harry Potter series. Wow, I know that I am a year behind, but wow. That was an amazing ending to a great series. Also watched Juno, Good Will Hunting and Wall street this weekend. All very good but very different movies. Overall, it was a great weekend back in Chi town.
1 comment:
I'm down with Team McFadyen!
Post a Comment